Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First Things First

Hiya all! I want to take a quick moment to introduce myself, then we'll get to the goods. My name is Jessica, I have been playing video games my whole life (Shocker, I know!) and this is my first real blog. I got into the idea of making my own video games when I was 12, my brother found an old snes emulator online and a games called, oddly enough, RPG maker (2 I think). I was very basic, and you had to use a snes remote, wich really sucked when your trying to type words. but it was fun and emersive. Needless to say I got bored for a while. Then, about a year ago I tried to find a new version of it, and low and behold RPGMaker VX was discovered! After the initial 30 day trial however, I did not continue with the program. Now about 2 weeks ago they came out with RPGMaker VXAce. ITS AWSOME. Everything VX was missing and a more streamlined interface. I can do in a hour what used to take me 3. The onlt set back is that because it's so new, there arn't really any tutorials yet. So i'll update little videos to help other users and hopeful will eventually post my entire finished game (in less than 30 days lol). I can already tell this will be well worth the eventual $90 the program costs. Feel free to share what you think! I can take it. Look HERE for the official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment